Today, Texas State Representative Steve Toth, from the Woodlands, said he is preparing a bill that he will introduce to legislation regarding a possible firearms or assault weapons ban. His bill will invoke the 10th Amendment (you know, the one guaranteeing state sovereignty) as well as make any federal firearms ban illegal in the State of Texas. And, furthermore, he will add a component to the bill that will make it a felony for anyone in the state to try and enforce a federal firearms ban within the State of Texas, if there is such a ban created by the president and/or congress. I will be writing to Rep. Toth pledging my support and thanking him for his support for gun owners, but not even gun owners, but for Americans! If you are interested, here is some information about him. http://www.house.state.tx.us/members/member-page/?district=15
It was a stellar day here in Texas, and I cannot be more thankful that I moved here so many years ago. In addition to Steve Toth’s legislation, our Lt. Govenor (whom I have not been a big fan of, until now), David Dewhurst, called today for state-funded, specialized firearms training for teachers and administrators to guard against school shootings. In reading about this I found out that the Lt. Govenor himself is an avid shooter as well as a licensed concealed handgun carrier.
Cypress Armory, here close to home, has just begun offering free CHL classes to certified Texas educators. Davy Crocket from Tennessee, Jim Bowie from Kentucky, William B. Harrison from Tennessee, William B. Travis from South Carolina, among many others from all walks of life saw something special in Texas, something special enough that they were willing to fight to the death to preserve it. That is part of the backbone that makes America what it is and what sets it apart from any other country in the world. I am glad I am in Texas!
Did you know:
1) In 1993, when Texas enacted the Conceled Carry Law, the national average for gun violence deaths was 7 in 100,000.
2) In 2012, 19 years later, the national average for gun violence deaths was 3.5 per 100,00. Hmmmm…
3) That in 2007, according to the “Small Arms Survey”, there were 88 guns per every onehundred people in the United States!
4) That Honduras is ranked #1 in the world for gun violence? Where’s the international outcry? 68.43 homicides per 100,000 people, with only 6.2 guns per 100 people! And, parts of South America, Africa and Finland have the next highest gun violence deaths.
5) That the United States of America ranks 26th, yes, TWENTY SIXTH, world wide, in gun violence deaths! Come on people, TWENTY-SIXTH!!!! And we are letting a few, including the governement run media outlets, build a FABRICATED case against legal, law abiding gun owners in this country!
So, to my friends in Illinois, California, Virginia, etc., I think it is time for you to make your voices heard and take on the establishment. It says “We, the people…”, not “They, your sovereign government…”!
To the current US Government, You may go to H***, but I am staying in Texas! Come and get it!